Osaka's Top 10 to visit by our Travel Angel, Yann 大阪のトップ10
Que faire à Osaka ? L'essentiel d’Osaka en dix coups de cœur
Lieux incontournables, bonnes adresses et spécialités locales, Yann, notre Travel Angel résidant sur place depuis plus de 15 ans, vous dévoile ses 10 coups de cœur à Osaka.
Cosmopolitan, cheerful and gourmet, Osaka is a city apart. The economic capital of the Kansai region is well worth visiting for a day or more. To make your visit a success, here is our selection:
- Osaka Castle and its park, symbols of the city and its feudal history.
- The typical district of Dôtonbori, to discover especially at night for a stroll in Osaka by night , under the neon lights.
- The Shin-Sekai district, the "New World" at the same time young, frenetic and old-fashioned, and the Tsûtenkaku Tower which overhangs it.
- The Osaka Kaiyûkan aquarium, a stone's throw from the Pacific Ocean. It is the largest aquarium in the world in terms of volume!
- To take a break, stroll through the city's many parks . To name just one: the Ryokuchi Kôen and its open-air museum of traditional Japanese farms.
- The Umeda Sky Building, the city's architectural feat.
- Always close to the sky, Abeno Harukas. Built in 2010, the tallest inhabitable tower in Japan rises to 300 meters.
- Universal Studios Japan, the second largest amusement park in the country after the Tokyo Disney Sea. Don't miss the Harry Potter Park !
- Taste Osaka's many culinary specialties, including takoyaki and yakiniku, which have earned it the nickname "Cuisine of the Nation".
- The Shitennô-ji temple, oldest Buddhist temple administered in Japan.