Japan by plane 国内線低コスト
Pensez low cost
Les compagnies low cost essaiment au Japon, et offrent des prix qui concurrencent la longue domination du ferroviaire.
The secret is to do it in advance! According to the rules of "yield management" in force among airlines, as the plane fills up, the price increases.
But a comparative study is not easy. The rates differ according to criteria specific to each airline (on board aircraft services, luggage, date of booking and date of sale ...).
Peach offers a formula called Happy Peach Plus, a little more expensive but allows three ticket changes, the choice of the site and additional baggage.
Also, companies do not serve all the same destinations:
- Skymark serves nine cities from Tokyo to Naha (Okinawa) to Sapporo (Hokkaido), and especially those of Kyushu ( Fukuoka , Nagasaki , Kagoshima ).
- Peach including Osaka and Sendai (Kyushu well), and foreign Asian cities.
- JetStar opened a line to Oita (near Beppu) and another for Matsuyama.
- AirAsia only offers external lines from Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya.
Comparative Guide to Japan
A Tokyo-Osaka route for 15th September 2014 (best price excluding booking fees):
- by JR train - 14,450円 (104 euros)
- Skymark - 8700円 (63 euros for Tokyo-Kobe)
- Peach - 8390円 (60 euros)
- JetStar - 5690円 (41 euros)