Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
ISE KUMANO TOURIST PASS
The JR Ise-Kumano Area Pass, provides unlimited access to JR trains between Nagoya, Ise, Toba, Shingu and Kii-katsura; as well as buses in the Ise, Toba and Kumano Kodo area, for five consecutive days.
So you can enjoy the Ise area, famous for its shrine dedicated to the goddess Amaterasu, and the Kumano area, listed by the Unesco for its three shrines and pilgrimage trails.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
The Ise-Kumano Region
A region very popular with pilgrims, hikers and those who want to discover Japan's spiritual roots.
Ise is famous for its Ise Grand Shrine, one of Japan's most sacred Shinto shrines. The shrine is dedicated to the goddess Amaterasu, the Shinto deity of the Imperial family. Even the chief priest or priestess of the shrine must be a member or descendant of Japan's Imperial family. It is a must-visit for any visitor to this area.
Further East from Ise is Toba, home to the sacred Meotoiwa Rocks and Mikimoto Pearl Island. Here you can see the Ama, women freedivers who hunt for cultivated pearls.
Or discover the Kumano area well-known for its UNESCO listed pilgrimage trails and three shrines, Nichi Taisha, Hongu Taisha and Hayatama Taisha. The Kumano Kodo is a famous pilgrimage route in Japan that attracts people from all over the country with its breathtaking scenery.
At the end of your visit, why not visit one of the hot spring resorts of Shirahama and Katsurra on the Kii Peninsula coast, great for visitors to take a break and relax.
Conditions of the Ise-Kumano Area Tourist Pass
- International tourists who have the status of temporary visitor are eligible for the pass.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
- The MCO (Miscellaneous Charges Order) can be exchanged over a 3-month period.
- To exchange the voucher (Miscellaneous Charges Order) for the pass you will need your passport.
- The start date of the pass can no longer be changed once the pass has been exchanged.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Tokyo Station, JR-CENTRAL (Yaesu, North Exit) ticket office, daily from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm.
- Shinagawa Station, JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 9:00 am to 7 pm.
- Shin-Yokohama Station, JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm.
- Nagoya Station, JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 6 am to 10 am and 7:00 pm to 11 pm.
- Kyoto Station, JR-CENTRAL Ticket Office (Hachijo Shinkansen) daily from 8:30 am to 11 pm
- Shin-Osaka Station, JR-CENTRAL (central exit) JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11:10 pm or JR-WEST Travel Corner daily from 9 am to 8 pm.
- Tokyo Station, JR Tokai Tours Ticket Reception Desk daily from 8 am to 8 pm, weekends and holidays 8:00 am to 7 pm
- Shinagawa Station, JR Tokai Tours Ticket Reception Desk daily from 8 am to 8 pm, weekends and holidays 8:30 am to 6 pm
- Shin-Yokohama Station, JR Tokai Tours Ticket Reception Desk daily from 8 am to 8pm, weekends and holidays 8:45 am to 7 pm
- Osaka Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Kansai Airport, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
The trains and buses included in this pass are the following:
- The JR limited/rapid/local trains between Nagoya, Shingu and Osaka (Ise Tetsudo or Kameyama lines, Kisei or Hanwa lines), between Nagoya, Kameyama and Nara (Kansai line), between Taki and Toba (Sangu line) and between Kansai Airport and Hineno (first station on the Kii peninsula from Kansai Airport which is an artificial island), you can of course go on riding the train to Osaka or Shin Osaka Stations. The following public transportations are available with this pass:the bus of the Mie Kotsu company in the Ise area and its sanctuaries.
- Every bus of the CAN company between Ise, Futami and Toba.
- Some bus of the Kumano Kotsu Bus company (the ones riding between Katsuura Station and Nachisan, Katsuura Station and Shingu Station, Shingu Station and Hongu Taisha (front), Shingu Station and Koguchi) to explore the Kumano Sanzan Area.
- Bike location "Ekirin Kun" at the Wakayama, Kiitanabe et Shirahama Stations (riders should be older than 12 years old, the rental service is limited to the bikes available at the agency).
- With the pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- Reserved seats in Ordinary car can be used up to 4 times.
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the staff located at the gate to the platform.
- To reserve a seat, ask the staff at the ticket office.
- This pass is intended for use by a single person. Please always carry your passport when using the pass as station or train staff may check it.
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- No refund is possible for a lost or stolen pass.