Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
TAKAYAMA-HOKURIKU TOURIST PASS
The JR Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass provides access to JR trains in the region as well as buses between Takayama, Shirakawa-go, and Kanazawa for 5 consecutive days.
The cities covered with this pass include Nagoya, Takayama, Shirakawago, Toyama, Kanazawa, Kyoto and Osaka.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants and young children aged 5 years or under.
Nestled in the heart of Japan between the sea and the mountains, the Hokuriku Region is full of cultural and historical treasures.
Visit Kanazawa, the center of contemporary art and traditional products and crafts. The city is also home known to the famous Kenroku-en garden, one of Japan's three most beautiful gardens.
Explore the Japanese Alps by bus (Nohi buses, Hokuetsu buses from Takayama and Kanazawa; Kaetsuno buses from Shin-Takaoka), passing through the well-preserved village of Shirakawa-go, with its traditional thatched roofs, classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Be charmed by Takayama, a small mountain town with many traditional houses and artisan shops. This pass will also allow you to travel to Kyoto, Osaka, Kansai Airport and Nagoya but does not cover the Tokaido Shinkansen between Nagoya, Kyoto and Shin-Osaka.
Pass holders are allowed four reservations each on limited express trains (excluding reserved seats on "Hakura Airport Express"), and unlimited rides on ordinary trains, non-reserved cars on limited express trains, non-reserved seats in the ordinary cars of the Hokuriku Shinkansen.
Conditions of the Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass
- Only international tourists who have a temporary visitor entry status for Japan are eligible for this pass.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
- The voucher must be exchanged within a 3-month period from the date of issue.
- To exchange the voucher for the pass you will need your passport.
- The start date of the pass can no longer be changed once the pass has been exchanged.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Tokyo Station, JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm.
- Shinagawa Station, JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 9:00 am to 7 pm.
- Shin-Yokohama Station, JR-CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 8 am to 8:30 pm.
- Nagoya Station, JR CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 6:00 am to 10:00 am and 7:00 pm to 11 pm. JR Information Center, daily from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Kyoto Station, JR CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 8:30 am to 11 pm. JR WEST ticket office, 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Shin-Osaka Station, JR CENTRAL ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11:10 pm. JR WEST Travel Corner, daily from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, JR WEST ticket office daily from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Osaka Station, JR WEST ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Kansai Airport, JR WEST ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Komatsu Station, JR WEST ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Kanazawa Station, JR WEST ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Toyama Station, JR WEST ticket office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Tokyo Station, JR Tokai Tours Ticket Reception Desk daily from 8:00 am to 8 pm, weekends and holidays 8:00 am to 7 pm.
- Shinagawa Station, JR Tokai Tours Ticket Reception Desk daily from 8:00 am to 8 pm, weekends and holidays 8:30 am to 6 pm.
- Shin-Yokohama Station, JR Tokai Tours Ticket Reception Desk daily from 8 am to 8 pm, weekends and holidays 8:45 am to 7 pm.
What lines are included with the pass?
- JR Limited Express, Express and local trains between Kansai Airport, Osaka, Kyoto and Kanazawa.
- JR Limited Express, Express and local trains between Nagoya, Takayama and Toyama Hokuriku Shinkansen line between Toyama and Kanazawa.
- Nohi Buses and Hokutetsu buses between Kanazawa - Shirakawa-go - Takayama.
- Kaetsuno buses between Shirakawa-go - Gokayama - Shin Takaoka
What is excluded with the pass?
- The pass is not valid on Kagayaki trains (Hokuriku Shinkansen line).
- The pass is not valid on the Tokaido Shinkansen and sleeper trains.
- With the pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- Reserved Seats in Ordinary car can be used up to 4 times (no reservation possible on Hokuriku Shinkansen and Limited express train Haruka).
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the staff located at the gate to the platform.
- To reserve a seat, ask the staff at the ticket office.
- Most buses between Takayama and Kanazawa require seat reservation (please refer to this website for more information) This pass is intended for use by a single person.
- Please always carry your passport when using the pass as station or train staff may check it.
Cancellation conditions and fees
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- No refund is possible for a lost or stolen pass.