Activities in Tokyo
Activities to do in Tokyo
The best food activities in Tokyo
Tokyo is a paradise for gourmands and gourmets, with a wide range of culinary delights to savor.
- Learn to cook just like at home, in a home cooking workshop! You'll learn how to prepare your own traditional Japanese dishes, which you can then reproduce at home!
- Take part in a sushi workshop and discover the secrets of this delicacy in this fun cooking class.
- Dine on a Yakatabune, a floating restaurant in Tokyo Bay, and discover the capital's unique cuisine.
The best cultural experiences in Tokyo
Tokyo's rich cultural heritage is showcased through a variety of immersive experiences. Ancient temples, historic districts and traditional festivals bear witness to a fascinating history, while workshops, guided tours of secret places and traditional dance performances provide an authentic immersion in Tokyo culture.
- Attend morning sumo training and watch these giants of the arena practice their techniques.
- Make Washi, the natural Japanese paper once used by Buddhist monks to write sutras.
- Learn the secrets of Sampuru, plastic food, and make your own trompe l'oeil dish!
- Initiate yourself to the age-old art of bonsai and all its subtleties in an authentic Tokyo setting.
Discover Tokyo - Explore the city
The capital of Japan, Tokyo is an immense and intriguing metropolis, with a wide variety of districts, sites and gems just waiting to be discovered. Tokyo Tower, Sensoji Temple, Meiji Shrine, the famous districts of Shinjuku and Shibuya, the Imperial Palace, as well as lesser-known places like the trendy Harajuku district or the more historic Yanaka district, are all interesting places just waiting to be visited!
- Discover Tokyo, its districts and its secrets on a full-day or half-day guided tour. There are tours or experiences that can be tailored to your interests and help you discover the different facets of Tokyo, whether you're interested in architecture, art, history or more.
- Don't miss our night walk in Shinjuku, if you like to take part in unique experiences. This lively Tokyo district offers an exciting mix of entertainment, shopping and dining. It reveals its true essence and comes alive once the sun goes down!
- Discover Tokyo for kids with a specially adapted tour!
- Cycle around Tokyo with a guide and discover the capital's best addresses!
- Take a boat cruise through the illuminated factories. For lovers of night photography and dystopian settings.
The best museums & amusement parks in Tokyo
Tokyo is home to a number of museums and theme parks offering entertaining and instructive experiences for visitors of all ages.
- Discover TeamLab Planets, made up of massive interactive exhibition spaces.
- Visit the Ghibli Museum, a must-see for even the biggest fans.
- Have fun at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, considered to be the best of the Disney parks, offering many different thrill rides for young and old alike!
- The Tokyo National Museum, the Edo-Tokyo open-air architecture museum and the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, for example, are excellent places to discover the city's art and history.
- Pokémon Center or Sanrio Puroland, the Hello Kitty theme park. Whatever your interests, you'll find a museum or theme park in Tokyo to suit your tastes and give you an unforgettable experience.
The best events in Tokyo
Tokyo is a party city. You'll find a constant calendar of events and festivals that showcase the diversity of its culture and entertainment. More traditional events also take place all the time in Tokyo.
- Visit the Tokyo Game Show, for video game fans, which takes place every September and showcases the latest video games and consoles from major industry players such as Nintendo and Sony, and theater fans can take the opportunity to
- Discover Noh theater and Kabuki theater, both very different from each other but very traditional.
- Attend music concerts, art exhibitions or even the famous sumo tournaments (only in January, May and September).
Frequently Asked Questions