The Regional JR Passes 地方のJRパス
A Regional JR Pass can be useful if you would like to visit a particular region of Japan. Here's a quick overview!
The Japan Rail Pass allows tourists unlimited travel on the entire Japan Railway network!
But there are also regional variations, less expensive, and very useful and advantageous for travelers wishing to explore specific regions of Japan.
JR Regional Passes
- Hokkaido PASS: for lovers of trekking and nature parks of Hokkaido;
- East PASS: to explore Tohoku, the Nagano Alps and the Shimoda coastline;
- Central PASS: for visiting Nagoya, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto and Osaka;
- Kansai PASS: Kansai and its wonders Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Himeji;
- Shikoku PASS: to discover in depth this charming, picturesque island;
- Kyushu PASS: visit cosmopolitain Fukuoka, the "Naples of Japan", Kagoshima, the volcanoes of Kumamoto.
National or Regional JR Pass?
Everything of course depends on the length of your stay, but also your journey! If you are creating an itinerary that includes Tokyo - Kyoto - Hiroshima - Tokyo, then the National Japan Rail Pass is required.
However, a simple round trip Tokyo - Kyoto is often not cost-effective; in this case, the choice of one or more regional JR Pass may be appropriate. In short, make the right calculation!