Employment and internship offers
With websites in 7 languages, and a worldwide presence (Paris, London, Madrid, Berlin, Los Angeles, Kyoto and Tokyo), Japan Experience is a Japan specialist travel company with over 40 years in the industry. Offering innovative services such as house rentals within major cities in Japan, car rental services, train passes, individual and group tours…
Our employment and internship offers:
- German Speaking Travel Guide
- House supervisor / Travel Angel (Kyoto - Kanazawa - Takayama)
German Speaking Travel Guide in Tokyo
As part of our development, we are looking for freelance-based German speaking travel guide, based in Tokyo, under the responsibility of the Managing Director of Japan Experience.
1. Key Tasks
As a Travel Guide of Japan Experience, you will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Take care of German speaking customers for our private and group guides and activities.
Graduated from university, you have been living in Japan for at least a year, you love travelling and have a good understanding of the traveler`s needs.
You are bright and dynamic and have good interpersonal skills. You are autonomous, well-organised, and can manage operations with efficiency and seriousness.
You love Tokyo and are willing to share your knowledge about it.
- Good level of German at least business level
- Have a strong interest in Japan, with knowledge of Japan and the main tourism areas.
- Already based in Tokyo, Have proper work permit and capable of staying at least a few more years.
- You have a flexible schedule and can work during week days as well as week ends, especially during high touristic seasons.
3. Financial Offer
Half Day Tour for 1-4 person (4 hours): 10,000 JPY plus 1,000 JPY Transport + 2,000 JPY additional pax
Full Day Tour for 1-4 person (8 hours): 17,000 JPY plus Transport + 4,000 JPY additional pax
House Supervisor / Travel Angel (Kyoto - Kanazawa - Takayama)
Part of a young and dynamic and growing team under the responsibility of the Director of Operations, and working in conjunction with our Housing Manager, our House Supervisors are local staff, responsible for assisting with the organisation of, and maintaining house cleanliness and inventory, but above all, they are the face of our company to our customers and suppliers.
The House Supervisor will also be available on call in the unlikely event that our customers have problems with the house or neighbours and other such issues.
This job would suit and/or be ideal for a new graduate or someone looking to experience the Japan inbound travel industry.
1. Key Tasks
- Overseeing and ensuring the cleanliness and general upkeep of the houses under your responsibility
- Immediately reporting any major problems or issues to your line manager
- Maintain good relationships with various local neighbourhood committees
- Be proactive with ideas and solutions to better improve our houses
- Very occasionally welcome our customers in-person, arriving and departing from their rental houses.
- Customer service support for our clients on the ground.
- Deal with administrative and some accounting operations, including licensing and reporting of data at the local ward office.
These tasks may change depending on the company’s needs.
Graduated from university, you have been living in Japan for at least a year, you love travelling and have a good understanding of the traveler's needs. You are bright and dynamic and have good interpersonal skills. You are autonomous, well-organised, and can manage operations with efficiency and seriousness. You love Kyoto/Kanazawa/Takayama and are willing to share your knowledge about it.
- Bright and dynamic personality
- Good interpersonal skills and a must-have sense of humour!
- You take the initiative and aim to exceed expectations
- Proactive - come with solutions to problems.
- Ability to cope under pressure, deal with stress, and be able to handle difficult customers, neighbours and supplier situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with computers and internet, preferably within a Mac environment
- You plan to stay in Kyoto/Kanazawa/Takayama for at least the next two years
- You love travelling
- You love Japan and Kyoto/Kanazawa/Takayama and are willing to share your knowledge about it
- Can manage operations with efficiency and seriousness but a good sense of humour
- Language requirements:
- Japanese - Native. (Mandatory). N1 readers and speakers are also welcome to apply
- English - business level speaking and writing (Mandatory)
- French, German, Spanish (any) - conversational level or above (considered a plus)
Permission to work in Japan (visa sponsorship NOT available)
3. Working conditions
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract type: Full-time / seishain
- Hours: Annual modified working hours system, running from February to January.
- 2.4m - 3m neg. / depending on experience
4. Application method:
If this role genuinely interests you, send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you are ideal for this position.
Applications received without accompanying cover letters will not be considered.