Kansai Thru Pass
Why This Pass?
- 3 days unlimited rides in Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe, Himeji, Koyasan…
- Valid for all regional trains (except for JR), subways and buses
- No wasting time in a line to get a ticket!
- For immediate use (No need to exchange vouchers!)
- With benefits at about 260 facilities!
Kyoto Nara Osaka 3days Transportation Pass validity
The pass, called "Kansai Thru Pass", can be used in most of the railways of Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe, Koyasan, and Himeji areas including Kansai airport.
Therefore with this pass, you can use around 80% of the whole transportation in the Kyoto, Osaka, Nara region.
But it cannot be used on JR lines and Shinkansen which are not the majority of transportation in the Kansai area.
Example of useful transportation including in your pass:
- Kyoto station/ Kyoto city center <-> Kintetsu Nara station (closer station to Nara park than JR Nara station) - 50 minutes.
- All the buses and subway in Kyoto and Osaka.
- Kyoto city center <-> Osaka Umeda/Osaka city center - 45 min
- Osaka <-> Kobe city - 30 min
- Osaka <-> Koyasan - 2h30 min
- Osaka <-> Kansai Airport - 50 min
- Additional Benefits
You can receive preferential treatment at nearly 260 facilities including museums, hot spring spas, restaurants and cafes, amusement facilities, temples and shrines throughout Kansai region.
For example, you can get benefits at Osaka Castle, many shrines in Nara... For more details, please check FAQ "Where can I get additional benefits with the pass?" !
Practical information on Kansai Thru Pass
- One per person
- Valid on 3 consecutive or non-consecutive days !
- Once the card is used up, it cannot be recharged like Suica. Therefore,for more than three days, you need to buy two or more passes.
- Kansai Thru Pass can be purchased prior to your departure to Japan, without affecting its operation.
- Delivered to your home address outside Japan or hotel in Japan