The Gion Matsubara house is a pleasant mix of Japanese and western comfort. Our Matsubara house is located in the Gion neighborhood, famous for being one of the best place in Japan to see Geishas, in the labyrinth of the small alleyways, next to Matsubara street that leads to the Kiyomizudera Temple, symbol of Kyoto city.
Description of the house
Enter the Japanese style living room with its tatami flooring where you can enjoy afternoon tea seated at the coffee table on the traditional zabuton cushions. At night, this room also doubles as a bedroom allowing you to enjoy the experience of the cosy comfort of Japanese futons, making it a perfect vacation rental in Japan.
In addition to the Japanese room, the mezzanine can accommodate a 3rd traveler. Keep in mind that the stairs are not suitable for small children.
If you are tired of eating out you can also make the most of the fully equipped kitchen and take your meal in the bright western style living room.
Along with being close to Gion and easy walking distance to Kiyomizu-dera, a little further away is the Kenninji Temple, where the traditions of the Zen Buddhism are perpetuated. Walk along the paved paths of the temple and discover the beautiful and busy Hanamikoji Street, with its traditional houses, luxurious restaurants and teahouses that welcome wealthy customers every night.
Accommodation Registration Number: M260011526
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
This several centuries old district is famous for its entertainment reserved for Kyoto's intellectual and artistic elite. Find yourself immersed in a maze of small streets lined with beautiful Japanese architecture, in a sophisticated timeless universe where small shopkeepers, craftsmen, monks, rich clients and of course maïko and geïko all rub shoulders with each other.
- Pluses: A unique ambience. Pass maïkos and geïkos everyday at any time of the day. Near the city centre and the main historical sites of East Kyoto.
- Minuses: This very lively district is not conducive to lazy holidays.
- Shops : Fresco supermarket open 24 hours a day - Many Konbini - Post offices - Bicycle rental
- Transports: Bus service to easily connect to the city's other tourist areas. - Keihan train line to Osaka and Hankyu train line to Arashiyama and Katsura
- Restaurants: Jojo, cuisine is centred on vegetables from Kyoto - Izuju, sushi - Kezako, Modern good quality French cuisine - Oku Café
- Attractions: The Gion Corner, a theatre in the heart of Gion, gives a taste of the variety of arts (dances, floral arrangement, tea ceremony…). - Kennin-ji temple - Yasaka sanctuary - Kiyomizu-dera temple
In the area
Frequently asked questions