The luxurious Gojo house was extensively renovated by award winning Tokyo based architects and includes great amenities, modern appliances, thermal insulation, anti-seismic equipment, refurbished antique materials and more to harmoniously combine tradition and elegance with safety and comfort.
Description of the house
The ground floor offers a luminous, spacious open-space from every part of which you can enjoy our garden. The modern counter kitchen area and dining-sitting space face each other, while the tatami room with its own tsubo-niwa (private pocket garden) completes the layout.
The semi-detached former tea pavilion has been converted into a sleeping area with the bathroom being on the lower level and the bedroom on the higher one.
As far as beddings are concerned, the tatami room next to the sitting area provides traditional Japanese futons, while the converted tearoom has a western style double bed.
The studio area is on the second floor and enjoys its own entrance, kitchen area and bathroom. It can operate as a completely independent unit and measures around 500 Sq Ft (45 Sqm)
The house is located a short a 15 walk from Kyoto station and 5 min from Gojo station, and is blessed with a peaceful, tranquil environment, yet close to Honganji temple and great restaurants to truly enjoy your stay in Kyoto.
We sincerely apologize in advance for having to be a little strict.
1) No early check-in. No late check out.
Check-in is from 15:00. Check-out at 10:00.
2) As a licensed accommodation, we are required by law to register our guests, if you could please fill up the provided form at check-in and send us a copy.
3) Smoking is strictly prohibited on the property. For safety reasons, guests cannot smoke in the house, garden, entrance area, or anywhere within the building and property grounds. We reserve the right to cancel bookings in case of violation, and an additional cleaning fee of USD 400 may be charged to remove the smell of smoke from the house.
4) We kindly ask that the house be left in a reasonable order at check-out, as a common courtesy to our cleaning staff, even if we charge a cleaning fee. We reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee if the state of the house requires it.
5) We recycle our trash in Kyoto, and we kindly ask for your help. Please only leave your refuse bags in the area where the dumpsters are located, and never ever leave your trash bags in the streets, even if you see our neighbours doing so.
6) Please remove your shoes at all times when inside the house.
7) By accepting the rental, our guests agree to release us from all liability, including any and all liability for personal and fatal injuries, or damage and loss of personal belongings.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
This former district of ceramic artisans, with the slopes Gojo avenue and tiny alleys, still show traces of its past. Even if the fires in the kilns are no longer lit, there is still a remarkable amount of little shops, making this area the best place to hunt for and hope to find the teacup of your dreams.
- Pluses: Close to Kyoto Station and the Gion district.
- Minuses: Not many city bus stops nearby, but offset by close proximity to the Keihan train.
- Shops: 7-eleven Combini - Post office
- Transports: The Keihan train line will quickly get you to both the north part of the city and the famous Fushimi Inari Shrine. - Kawaramachi Gojo bus stop for Kyoto Station & Kiyomizu Zaka for the Silver Pavilion.
- Restaurants: Benkei Udon - E-Fish, café with a view of the Kamo River - Takasegawa Street and its numerous restaurants
- Attractions: Many ceramic shops - The national museum - Sanjusangendo - The Gion district
In the area
Frequently asked questions