The Gion Rokudo house offers a pleasant blend between Japanese and western-style comfort. Convenient stores, public transportations and grocery shopping places are located just next to the house.
Description of the house
On the ground floor, there is a Japanese living-room, kitchen, bathroom, washing machine and restroom. You can cook in the western, fully equipped kitchen of this vacation rental in Kyoto and then enjoy your meal amid the softness of the typical japanese dining room.
On the second floor, two or three futons can easily fit in a spacious japanese room, with the possibility of creating a more intimate space thanks to the removable walls. Last but not least, a western-style bedroom with a double bed offers a view on the unsung Roudo temple.
The house is located in the southern part of Gion, a district famous for its maiko and geiko. Close to the Matsubara street which leads to the wonderful Kiyomizu-dera temple, one of Kyoto's major symbols, the area is great for enjoying Kyoto.
The Kennin-ji temple devoted to zen buddhism is a dozen of meters away. Walk through it and you'll discover the magnificent and bustling Hanamikoji street. It is bordered with traditional houses, luxurious restaurants and tea houses visited every night by rich clients looking for some fun.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
This several centuries old district is famous for its entertainment reserved for Kyoto's intellectual and artistic elite. Find yourself immersed in a maze of small streets lined with beautiful Japanese architecture, in a sophisticated timeless universe where small shopkeepers, craftsmen, monks, rich clients and of course maïko and geïko all rub shoulders with each other.
- Pluses: A unique ambience. Pass maïkos and geïkos everyday at any time of the day. Near the city centre and the main historical sites of East Kyoto.
- Minuses: This very lively district is not conducive to lazy holidays.
- Shops : Fresco supermarket open 24 hours a day - Many Konbini - Post offices - Bicycle rental
- Transports: Bus service to easily connect to the city's other tourist areas. - Keihan train line to Osaka and Hankyu train line to Arashiyama and Katsura
- Restaurants: Jojo, cuisine is centred on vegetables from Kyoto - Izuju, sushi - Kezako, Modern good quality French cuisine - Oku Café
- Attractions: The Gion Corner, a theatre in the heart of Gion, gives a taste of the variety of arts (dances, floral arrangement, tea ceremony…). - Kennin-ji temple - Yasaka sanctuary - Kiyomizu-dera temple
In the area
Frequently asked questions