Gion Jizo House, resolutely modern and practical on the ground floor, offers the sweetness of Japanese aesthetics upstairs.
On the ground floor, the kitchen and the comfortable living room are the perfect space for daily life in Kyoto.
Upstairs, the two Japanese rooms invite you to relax: the smell of tatami, subdued light through panels of translucent white paper, the coziness of futons.
Ground floor: kitchen / dining room, living room, Japanese bath (shower and Japanese furo bath) and toilet.
Upper floor: Japanese bedroom with Japanese bedding (futon), Japanese bedroom (2 single beds), small balcony.
Our house is located in the southeastern district of Gion: the famous maïko and geiko district. It is at the end of a small pedestrian alley along Higashioji avenue, between the great Kiyomizu Temple, symbol of the city of Kyoto, and Kenninji Temple, the mother of Zen Buddhism temples.
Amenities, public transport and supermarket are just a few steps from the house.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
This several centuries old district is famous for its entertainment reserved for Kyoto's intellectual and artistic elite. Find yourself immersed in a maze of small streets lined with beautiful Japanese architecture, in a sophisticated timeless universe where small shopkeepers, craftsmen, monks, rich clients and of course maïko and geïko all rub shoulders with each other.
- Pluses: A unique ambience. Pass maïkos and geïkos everyday at any time of the day. Near the city centre and the main historical sites of East Kyoto.
- Minuses: This very lively district is not conducive to lazy holidays.
- Shops : Fresco supermarket open 24 hours a day - Many Konbini - Post offices - Bicycle rental
- Transports: Bus service to easily connect to the city's other tourist areas. - Keihan train line to Osaka and Hankyu train line to Arashiyama and Katsura
- Restaurants: Jojo, cuisine is centred on vegetables from Kyoto - Izuju, sushi - Kezako, Modern good quality French cuisine - Oku Café
- Attractions: The Gion Corner, a theatre in the heart of Gion, gives a taste of the variety of arts (dances, floral arrangement, tea ceremony…). - Kennin-ji temple - Yasaka sanctuary - Kiyomizu-dera temple
In the area
Frequently asked questions