Conveniently located less than 10 minutes on foot from the famous Kenroku-en Garden, Kanazawa Castle, and Higashi Chaya Tea District, Kenroku House is a great place from which to experience Kanazawa. Nestled on a quiet street that feels like the Japan of old, this house offers tradition and comfort that will make a couple or family feel right at home.
Description of the house
As you step into the house, your feet will feel beautiful tatami mats as your gaze is drawn to the private garden behind the house. In the living room there is a traditional "kotatsu" sitting table that has a heater in the winter months. Relaxing at the western-style kitchen table in the dining room viewing the garden will refresh any tired traveler. The kitchen is large enough to enjoy and prepare food for even large groups, with coffee and tea available at the house. The bath area as well is great for families with kids.
Upstairs are two spacious tatami bedroom rooms, one room with a double bed and one room that fits up to three futons. There are elegant sliding Japanese paper doors, and plenty of warm sunlight.
Around Kenroku House there are close convenience and drug stores, and many good restaurants along the Asanogawa river, about a 10 minute walk from the house. Kanazawa is a small manageable city, very accessible to all famous spots.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
Take a journey back in time as you stroll through the streets of Higashiyama. Around this neighborhood are two of the three most famous tea districts in Japan, Higashi Chaya and Kazue Machi. The area is very reminiscent of Gion in Kyoto, but of course has its own Kanazawa flavor. Higashiyama has 5-star along with affordable restaurants, cafes, and wonderful galleries all within a 10 minute walk. A truly special place in the historical city of Kanazawa, Higashiyama is a great place to stay, enjoy nature, have a meal, and take a relaxing stroll along the Asanogawa River.
- Pluses: Nature (at the foot of Mt. Utatsuyama and banks of Asanogawa river), historical, walks
- Minuses: A little bit far from downtown Kanazawa. Walk-25 min, bus-15 min, taxi-10 min.
- Shops: An array of galleries and gift shops in Higashi Chaya District and Kazue Machi
- Transports: Buses from the Hashiba-cho bus stop take you anywhere in the city.
- Restaurants: Otafuku, Japanese noodles - Tamura, sushi - Kukai, serving a variety of dishes at reasonable prices - Shiki, fine Japanese dining - Nagaya, Japanese bar
- Attractions: Kazue-machi historical streets - Higashi Tea District - Higashiyama mountain area - Kenrokuen
In the area
Frequently asked questions