Aburaya is a single-story machiya-style house located just a five minute walk from Kanazawa Station. The 45m2 wooden house fits three comfortably and has been traditionally renovated with all the necessary modern amenities. Limited free parking also available (please inquire about availability).
Description of the house
As you enter the house, there is a lovely indoor garden, along with two bicycles you can use. You enter the living / dining room area, tatami mats surround a sunken in Japanese style table, along with a small western style kitchen and a bar counter with stool seating.
The one main bedroom has a semi double and single bed. We also provide futons for guests to sleep in the living room area that can comfortably be used as a second bedroom. There is Japanese bath, shower, changing rooms, toilet, and a washing machine area as well.
With many restaurants, department stores, Kanazawa station, Omicho Fish Market and Nagamachi Samurai District all within a 15 minute walk, Aburaya is a very convenient and comfortable place to stay.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
- DVD Player
Location of the house
The area around Kanazawa Station is a mix of big city lights and old town traditions. With department stores, delicious restaurants, craft and souvenir shopping, and buses to take you around the city, this district is a great place to stay in Kanazawa.
At the station’s entrance is an eye-catchingly beautiful wooden arch, drawing its design from the torii gates found in Shinto shrines and also drums used by geisha in Kanazawa. There are many restaurants within a five minute walk from the station, where you can find fresh sushi, fun izakayas, tasty fusion restaurants and lively bars. The loop buses leaving from the station will take you around the city, stopping at all the sights here in Kanazawa. Omicho Fish Market and the Samurai District are also about a fifteen minute walk from the station. With bullet trains to Tokyo, express trains to Nagoya and Kyoto, and buses to Shirakawago and Takayama, Kanazawa Station is your perfect hub right off the Sea of Japan.
- Pluses: Convenient, many restaurants and bars, shopping, nightlife. Loop and JR buses to anywhere in the city. Omicho Fish Market and Nagamachi Samurai District are about a 15 minute walk. Kanazawa castle and Kenroku garden are a 30 minute walk.
- Minuses: Less traditional than other parts of the city.
- Shops: Department stores, craft and souvenir shopping, fish market
- Transports: From Tokyo: Bullet train (2:30 h) - From Kyoto: Express train (2:00h) - From Takayama: Nohi bus or train (~2:30h) - From Nagoya: Express train (3:00h)
- Attractions: Omicho Fish Market : 15 minute walk - Nagamachi Samurai District : 15 minute walk - Kenrokuen Garden : 15 minute bus ride - Higashi Chaya District : 10 minute bus ride
In the area
Frequently asked questions