Higashiyama Komachi is a spacious Japanese machiya, filled with traditional and modern art. Located just a five minute walk from the famous Higashi Chaya tea district, right next to two bus stops, and free parking for those traveling by car, this house is a great place to spend your time in Kanazawa.
Description of the house
The ground floor has a large living room, kitchen, shower, and restroom. Upstairs is one large bedroom with one double futon and two single futons. Both the ground floor and upstairs have high ceilings, creating a very spacious yet traditional feel.
The interior of this house is truly unique. The owner of the house is a local art producer, and has decorated the house with art from international artists but also traditional Japanese antiques. With plenty of space to keep your luggage and an open living room that leads into the kitchen, the house is a great place to relax after traveling.
The Higashi Chaya tea district area is a place where you can experience the Japan of old. The traditional architecture, quiet streets, and the beautiful Asanogawa river make this an area a truly special place to visit.
Plans and equipments
- Washing Machine
- Table Ware
- Kitchen Ustensil
- Electric Kettle
Location of the house
Take a journey back in time as you stroll through the streets of Higashiyama. Around this neighborhood are two of the three most famous tea districts in Japan, Higashi Chaya and Kazue Machi. The area is very reminiscent of Gion in Kyoto, but of course has its own Kanazawa flavor. Higashiyama has 5-star along with affordable restaurants, cafes, and wonderful galleries all within a 10 minute walk. A truly special place in the historical city of Kanazawa, Higashiyama is a great place to stay, enjoy nature, have a meal, and take a relaxing stroll along the Asanogawa River.
- Pluses: Nature (at the foot of Mt. Utatsuyama and banks of Asanogawa river), historical, walks
- Minuses: A little bit far from downtown Kanazawa. Walk-25 min, bus-15 min, taxi-10 min.
- Shops: An array of galleries and gift shops in Higashi Chaya District and Kazue Machi
- Transports: Buses from the Hashiba-cho bus stop take you anywhere in the city.
- Restaurants: Otafuku, Japanese noodles - Tamura, sushi - Kukai, serving a variety of dishes at reasonable prices - Shiki, fine Japanese dining - Nagaya, Japanese bar
- Attractions: Kazue-machi historical streets - Higashi Tea District - Higashiyama mountain area - Kenrokuen
In the area
Frequently asked questions