Top 3 Hanami Places in Sapporo 札幌の花見スポットのランキング
Hanami in Hokkaido
Located further north than the other major cities in the country, Sapporo experiences a slightly later spring bloom, around the beginning of May. Cherry and plum blossoms then flood the capital of Hokkaido!
Maruyama Park in Sapporo is an unmissable spot to enjoy hanami. Located in the heart of downtown Sapporo, on a mountain 226 meters high, it is home to more than 1,500 cherry trees.
The most spectacular view is on the way to Hokkaido-jingu temple, bordered on both sides by trees letting their frail pale pink flowers flutter in the wind, where hanami is not allowed.
The visitor will thus be able to enjoy a double atmosphere, the joyful and festive atmosphere of the park, and a stone's throw away, the spiritual calm of the temple.
- Address: 3 Miyagaoka, Chuo, 064-0959 Sapporo
- Access: 5 min on foot from Maruyama Koen subway station, on the Tozai line
Nakajima Park is located right in the middle of the city of Sapporo, right next to the lively Susukino district, the ardor of which seems to be extinguished by the calm air that onlookers can breathe there. With its two magnificent lakes, its hiking, and its historic buildings, the park is a magnificent ocean of greenery whatever the season.
But the deshanami season adds an extra charm with more than 5000 trees. Amid elms and black acacias, the large branches of cherry blossoms then arise.
- Address: 1 Nakajimakoen, Chuo, 064-0931 Sapporo
- Access: Nakajimakoen Subway Station, on the Namboku Line
For those who wish to enjoy hanami in a place slightly away from the city center, Hiraoka Park will prove to be perfect! Located about 11 kilometers from the heart of Sapporo, it will delight lovers of plum blossoms.
The park is indeed occupied by approximately 1,200 plum trees, of varieties producing white flowers and others red. Nearly 100,000 people come each year when they bloom to admire them and enjoy their colors, enhanced by the contrast with the immense green lawns of the park.
- Address: 6-9-10 Hiraoka 5 Jo, Kiyota, 004-0875 Sapporo
- Access: Take the Hakodate line from JR Sapporo station to Shin-Sapporo station (10 min), take the Shin 111 bus, and stop at "Hiraoka roku jo yonchome" station, then walk 5 min.
Read also: Odori Park