Affordable Japan Tours
At Japan Experience we offer several tour options - self-guided, tailor-made or group tours - for those on a budget. Here is our selection.
Do you want to explore Japan without breaking the bank? Here are some of our more affordable tour itineraries, both self-guided or guided that have been specially created by some of our specialists. Each itinerary is designed to fit your needs and create your dream trip. It's up to you to find the one that best suits you.
Each of our guided tours is run by one of Japan Experience's own guides, allowing you to discover the country in a small group (6 to 8 people) while benefiting from the knowledge of an expert. You will be guided throughout the trip, with Japan Experience making all the arrangements for accommodation and transport. In short, you are taken care of from A to Z. Although this package is more expensive than the others, prices start from $4,210 USD all inclusive (excluding return flights) with our tour "On the Tokaido Route". Your tour leader will lead you down the ancient feudal road that linked Tokyo to Kyoto, the imperial capital, and then onward to Ise and Mount Koya.
Benefits of our group tours:
- Fully inclusive
- Local knowledge from your guide
- Small group (max 8 persons)
These self-guided tours include the highlights of Japan, essential for any trip, and are designed by our specialist consultants. The tours cover the country's must-see places (Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima...), making them ideal for any first-time visitors to Japan. You travel independently, however, we can arrange a day tour run by one of our Travel Angels in a city of your choice. The airfare is included in the self-guided tour price, making it a very affordable option for those on a budget. In our 12-day "Classical Japan" tour you will visit Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Kyoto. Prices start from $2,044 USD.
Benefits of self-guided tours:
- The best itineraries designed by our specialists
- Our advisors are available for help with organization and logistics
- Flights is included in the price
With tailor-made tours, you are the one who designs your itinerary, however you like. Imagine the trip of your dreams and our specialists are there to help you make it happen... while working with your budget. Why not take inspiration from our online examples of tours, of which here are the three least expensive (flights not included), which you can adapt as you see fit:
- Wonders of Japanese Mountains : $1,580 USD
- Kyushu: Volcanoes and Legends : $1,510 USD
Head south with this tour that explores the southern island of Kyushu, its mountains, baths and onsen (hot springs), from Fukuoka to Kagoshima and Kumamoto. Duration: 14 days.
- Japanese Gardens : $1,560 USD
Take two weeks to contemplate some of the most beautiful gardens in Japan, plus a detour to Miyajima and the legendary Itsukushima shrine. Duration: 15 days.
The benefits of a Japan Experience tailor-made tour:
- You create your own itinerary
- A consultant is at hand to help you plan your perfect trip
- Total freedom
Self-drive tours in Japan are individual tours that include vehicle rental, driving license translation (if required), Drivin 'Assistance and accommodation, all for two people. These tours last from 3 to 15 days and allow you to travel Japan in complete freedom and at your own pace, venturing where the trains can't...
- Escape to the Country : from $515 USD
- Onsen Trails : from $785 USD
- On the Nakasendo Road : from $855 USD
The benefits of a Japan Experience self-drive tour:
- Car rental, license translation (if required) and our Drivin 'Assistance service is included
- The routes are designed to take you along the most beautiful roads in Japan
- You have the freedom to reach areas less accessible by train